Lockerman Middle School proudly serves students in Grades 6–8 in the northern part of Caroline County, Maryland. There are over 900 students enrolled in our school. We offer students a rigorous learning environment balanced with enriching extracurricular activities. Welcome to our school!
Message from the Principal
Dear Lockerman Middle School Families,
Welcome and thank you for visiting Lockerman Middle School’s webpage. It is an honor and a privilege to serve as principal of LMS! Along with a team of excellent teachers, counselors, instructional coaches, and support staff, we are committed to working as a cohesive unit to provide the very best educational experience for your child. Lockerman Middle School is an evolving community where intentional collaboration creates an engaging, rigorous learning environment built upon the core values of P.R.I.D.E. Lockerman staff and students work together to be Prepared, Respectful, Independent, Disciplined, and Empathetic. It is my hope that you will find our redesigned website to be full of information and easy to navigate. Please know that I will always work to make myself available to discuss any questions or address any concerns related to serving your student.
Lockerman Middle School is an evolving community where intentional collaboration creates an engaging, rigorous learning environment built on the core values of P.R.I.D.E.
LMS uses a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) program. The acronym “P.R.I.D.E.” is used to make sure students are always:
When students display any of these characteristics, they will receive a stamp on their P.R.I.D.E. card. Students who have collected 50+ stamps by the end of the month will be eligible for an incentive.
LMS enforces a dress code to ensure a safe and orderly learning environment. The dress code applies to all students who are on school premises during regular school hours or at a school-sponsored activity.
Dress code requirements include:
- All clothing should be neat and clean.
- All students shall not wear clothing that is unduly revealing such as low cut tops, halters tops, tank tops, tops that leave a bare midriff, see-though tops, or spaghetti straps.
- Tights, leggings, and stretch pants type bottoms must be worn with clothing long enough to cover the buttocks in both the front and back of the body.
- Heavy coats and back packs must be kept in lockers during the school day.
- Skirts and dresses should be at least fingertip length.
- Shorts should be mid-thigh in length with an inseam of at least 4 inches.
- All clothing should be hemmed, any rips or tears must be below fingertip length.
If a student is in violation of the dress code, they will report to the office with a minor incident report. Parents will be contacted to bring in a change of clothes. Once the issue has been resolved, students will be returned to class. Repeated dress code violations will result in a disciplinary referral.